Friday, January 16, 2009

Miscellaneous

First the bad news. It's cold. Very cold. The highs are only supposed to be in the single digits today. This morning my car's thermometer read -12.

So, on to the good news. It's been confirmed that we'll be leaving on February 12 and returning February 25. We've already purchased our plane tickets, and yesterday we applied for our visas.

Wow, this thing is starting to seem like it's real....

Yesterday I drove down to Columbus to do an interview for WCMH, the NBC affiliate there. My name showed up on a blog that listed historians who would claim that the New Deal prolonged the Great Depression. Well, Ashland University's Public Relations office decided to promote this, and arranged for me to do this interview. They also got me to write an op-ed that may be appearing in a Cleveland newspaper next week. It's about the good and bad that FDR accomplished, and how President-elect Obama can accomplish the former and avoid the latter. Anyway, is you live in Columbus and you're interested in hearing me prattle on, watch the news on Channel 4. We're not sure what time yet. It doesn't much matter to me, because we don't even get WCMH in Ashland.

No comments:

Post a Comment